So where are the detector reports??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

MIdigger

Reaction score
RE: One more good morning

I dont think so because I just found it in the High school parking lot. I just throw em all into the blue mason jar and let them accumulate.

Plumbata

Reaction score

Good luck to your daughter Iron, and also good luck in your search for that 1,000 pound copper/silver halfbreed nugget! [:)]

Hope some of those dimes are silver MI!

Haven't detected much lately; been either too busy or too hungover, hehe. My dad called today though and said that he got in his change a sterling silver 1912 3 pence in VF! Not too shabby! Representative image below:

1912%20Great%20Britain%203%20Pence%20copy.jpg

MIdigger

Reaction score

Thats an interesting addition to your coin collection Plumb, I just found a small box of mint and proof coins from Mexico and Austria. I have to check those and see what they may be worth.

Plumbata

Reaction score

Mint and proof coins eh? Sounds nifty! Any old ones in there, or any of the recent bimetallic Mexican peso coins with the silver plugs?

I love that there are still "silver" coins being made/circulated in the world.

$(KGrHqV,!okE9mbv!1piBPfNuOVCi!~~60_35.JPG

MIdigger

Reaction score

I believe they are from the 1960s. I do not believe theres any silver ones. Copper,brass,aluminum ones.

MIdigger

Reaction score

Snagged a bit today 14q,9d,4n,56p, a few returnables but nothing much special. Probably have to use for gas cash with the gouging at $4/gallon or more.

ironmountain

Reaction score

sounds like you two have been busy!!!! nice foreign coins. always thought about buying a pile of them just to look at and have something a bit different. shopgoodwill always huge lots of them on their site and can be had for low money.

thanks for the well wishes...must have worked..she smoked the competition. we were practicing and she was kicking over 40yds from a tee. she ended up doing about 308' or so. 2nd place girl did low 200's. Was a great day. Nice outside and alot of fun people to hang with. She goes to regionals in a couple of weeks.

End of the month is the copper/silver ore hunt. youth firearm weekend and plenty of time to MD. I'm trying not to think about digging. Wanting to save that for normal firearm season. But there's so much to dig. So many pits and privy holes, so little time.

Made a heck of a great snag this weekend. spend 3k though. Local sporting goods store was going out of business and had an auction. Buddy and I went with the Paypal CC and spent some cash. Picked up 4 brand new guns for under 1k. A Ruger .22, a 16ga semi-auto,an over/under and a .223. Can't recall what the other brands are. Brought them to the hunting/fishing/archery store my bro-in-law works at. They're going to consign them for us.

Picked up 2 Jiffy gas augers (8" and 10"). 8 sets of Jiffy replacement blades and 8 Jiffy blade sharpeners. (those things run 45-55per in the stores).

30 Stormy Kromer hats, 20-30 Mathews Zebra strings (barracuda,zebra hybrids and a few others), a large box full of nothing but fletching stuff. Feathers, inserts (way too many inserts..at least 1k), nocks (solid colors as well as transparent fluorescent), a Barnett x-bow for daughter and a Barnett 3dot scope. 4 aqua views. Accessories for the aqua views.

Oh...20 or 30 Jiffy auger spark plugs. Didn't think they were much, but they retail in stores for 9.99 high end and sell on eBay for 5ish.

A newer computer with a full POS setup. Computer/monitor/2 receipt printers/scanner/handheld inventory scanner thing/credit card machine and the software.

and 3 bows besides the xbow for my daughter. An American Archery bow with limbs hand made by Dave Barnsdale. He lives nearby and supposedly makes the best bow limbs in the world. And he used to work for American Archery before going off on his own in 90. this bow is dated july 91... and 2 straight bows.

I think that's it... spent 1200 first day and close to 2k second day. Oh..also a Hornady Handbook of Cartridge Reloading. thing is mint. giving it to my bro-in-law since he's so big into handloading.

I'll see if i can get a pic of most of the stuff.

ironmountain

Reaction score

nice total so far Dig.... since I've found nothing but junk other than a few older coins, I'm probably at about 2bucks for the year. Wife did take me to the lake/park I like to hit for 45min the other night. Was getting dark so had to move fast. Found 40 cents in 4" of water. Going tonight hopefully. Daughter has soccer practice at the field near that old tunnel & barn foundation. Going to go poke around there with the MD and a shovel.

here's a pic of the xbow,jiffy accessories, box of fletching stuff and the pos printers, hats and Zebra strings... we're doing pics and listing all day tomorrow...should be fun...

MI what do you do during the winter for fun? I'd imagine you can dig a bit longer than we can here. I remember one year my dad was still golfing in February back home in Grand Rapids.

544627BD769A4697B3F5635CFD279123.jpg

Attachments

• 544627BD769A4697B3F5635CFD279123.jpg
    544627BD769A4697B3F5635CFD279123.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 68

MIdigger

Reaction score

Sounds like tha daughter did well, good news there. Looks like you got a good buy out there. should be able to turn some $$ on all that. Decided to hit the FG tonight and came away with 2q 4d, 3n, 17p a brass fitting and a conibear trap that was found at a bridge being repaired. Interestingly enough the guys name and address (with a bit of cleaning) are clearly visible.

While at the Fg another detectorist I know stopped by and chatted a bit. Then he went over the hill. After I got done I remembered the construction site and as it was on both of our ways home we hit it. I got a old car jack from the 70s or back, 1p, 1n, the trap, and he pulled a penny, a dime, and an old bottle. Nothing special but we gave it a shot.

P.S. what is the size and price of the maroon Kromer in the picture?

ironmountain

Reaction score

sounds like a nice evening out MD/scratching around. The car jack and the trap would be sweet to find. Especially the trap. Always nice to find the weird stuff. I still have axeheads I need to "de-rust". One is a double bit I found at 2 1/2' in the woods in Houghton. Might be an older one, might not. Going to have to clean that bad boy up and see...

That's actually a dark brown size 6 7/8... here's a list of the ones I have and sizes in case( I have multiples of some of the sizes so didnt list them). I was all set to snag the forest green one we had and not even 10sec after I won them an old timer walked up and asked if he could buy the green one. Can't turn the old timers away!

If you find a color you like, just pm me and i'll make you happy.

blaze orange 7 7/8 , 8, 6 3/4, 6 1/2

red black plaid (mackinac looking) 7 7/8, 7 1/2

A Filson red black plaid baseball style hat that's adjustable

dark brown 6 7/8

black 6 3/4, 8

charcoal grey 6 3/4, 6 1/2, 7, 8

advantage woodland camo 8

realtree camo 6 1/2

adv camo (different pattern) 7 7/8

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads